Saturday, August 28, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
It was tender, mild and such a treat. Of course I under estimated the amount of shrinkage so next time I will be cutting double the amount.
Polenta Primavera from Local Bounty
Ingredients – 2 servings
- 4 - 1/2 inch slices of pre-cooked polenta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 sweet yellow onion, sliced into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 red bell pepper, sliced into small strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh of frozen peas
- a few handfuls of fresh green beans, washed and cut into 3 inch pieces
- a large amount of chard (depending on the size of leaves – it will shrink down 50% or more)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- salt and pepper
Sear of bake the polenta. If baking, preheat oven to 375 and lay polenta slices on a baking sheet. Cook for 10 minutes on each side, or until crispy on the outside. If searing, place a few tablespoons of EVOO in a skillet and sear each side of the polenta until crispy.
Add 2 tablespoons of EVOO to a large pan on medium. Add onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Sautee for about 5 minutes. Add garlic, peas, chard, beans, parsley, pepper and another pinch of salt. Cook for another 5 minutes. Add white wine, cover and cook for about 10 minutes, or until wine is mostly cooked out.
Serve vegetables over the polenta.